Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Bleeding of the Stone

When I first started reading this book, I was worried it would be a boring read. However, after I stuck it out for a while, it started to get pretty good. Asouf begins to tell his story and the visitors arrive.

I was curious about the place where all of this happened. The map on the left is of Libya and I'm guessing of the area near where this book takes place.

After reading about the waddan and the goats, I began to wonder what they looked like. Here is what I found: The picture on the left is of female moufflon and the one on the right is a male.












As I was looking for pictures of the moufflon, Darius suggested that I look for pictures of moufflon meat, which is what Asouf's dad was killed trying to get. I'm not sure that this looks very appetizing, but I guess if you were living in the desert and were hungry, it would taste good.

I also began to wonder about what the desert looks like in Libya where Asouf lives. I looked up some picture of Libya.

2 comments:

Linz Adams said...

You're right, it does help to have a visual aid. I was picturing big horned sheep while I was reading - so pretty similar!

darius said...

That moufflon meat sure looks delicious. I wanted my grandma to make some for Thanksgiving, but she said "no."